Friday, April 17, 2009

Mere words cannot justify

Mounting empirical evidence continues to lean in favor of Half-Priced Books. Case-in-point:

Exhibit: Quadruple-Z

Four months ago the retail asking price for this game was 50 dollars American. Fifty. Five. Zero. American. And while I think most Paradox titles are pretty slick this was not a price I was willing to pay. Historical grand-strategy games are cool even though I kinda suck at them but, oh well, no big deal. Fast-forward to this afternoon. I was running ahead of schedule and my route would bring me to pass HPB, so why not stop in and see what treasures have come in? What treasures indeed...


If you would please draw your attention to the subtle indicators of what Half-Priced Books so graciously charged. Not one, but two! Two price tags, as if to boast the store's supreme awesomeness: "Holy crap I rule! I don't want to rub it in your face but I'm going to anyway." I actually let out an audible little yelp when I saw this on the shelf. Oh yeah, a yelp. I didn't care what people thought, I was stoked. I bought the game at, like, a million billion percent discount. Thank you Half-Priced Books. Thank you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have history to re-write.

No comments:

Post a Comment