Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Way ahead of its time - if that means anything

From the reports of my earliest years, it has been made known to me (repeatedly) that I watched Dumbo... A lot. It appears, though, that in my young fragile little mind wasn't too hip to the pink elephants of parade sequence. Decades passed, and the movie sunk into the deepest regions of my longterm memory. Then youtube came along, and one day my mind perked and said, "I want something to blow me away... bring on the pink elephants!" And now, I get giddy everytime I watch it: A slammin' intro followed by a frantic musical montage, and animation that is as surreal as it can get - Ernst would be proud.

I would love to meet and greet the creative forces behind this epic. I'd buy them lunch and/or maybe pass along some Thorazine.

Blow-your-mind stuff right here, folks. Oh, and if anyone can make me an animated .gif of the wicked cool strutting elephanthead creature (2:07 - look at that thing... JUST LOOK AT IT!) I'll love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment