Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hey, look what I found

Pictures! I took these during the course of the summer about three years ago - or was it four? Whichever. My pappy was generous enough to lend me his Cannon yadda-yadda-yadda and gave me a brief run through on camera mechanics. I was using standard 400-speed film and shot three or four rolls. The pics I have posted here are a few of my favorites.

I really enjoyed going out with a keen eye. It wasn't my intent to capture romantic settings but more so get crazy with shutter speed and aperture width. With film there's always the thrill and hope that the picture will come out as you intended. Sometimes it doesn't develop how you wanted, it turns out better!

The Nebula/Dozer split on a 12" LP convincingly dyed to mimic flames. With this I was more interested in how the drawing in the center would turn out with a slower, but not too slow, shutter speed. Good tunes. Oh man, good tunes!

Don't remember what I was going for in this one. Still cool, I think.


This was shot downtown on Superior. My intent was a flat still life but at the last second the camera autofocused on the reflection in the puddle.

Outside the Rock Hall. This was towards the end of my afternoon and I was weary of walking around so much. I basically took this just for the heck of it.


Cruising down lake road approaching a group of trees. I really like how this turned out - very... Pastel, whispy... or blurry if you wanna be a prick about it.

Totally just messing around


At the Old Field in the Chagrin Metro Parks. I love it back there. Why not bring a camera and see what catches my eye?


I forgot what I did here

A personal favorite. I don't know what it is about this one but it just tickles me.

No comments:

Post a Comment