Monday, February 22, 2010

This man is my blood.


Say hello to my great-uncle Richard. Hello, great-uncle Richard. Thanks to my Grandmother's tireless dedication to genealogy research he and I have finally become acquainted - Hello, great-uncle Richard.

Let's take a brief moment to discuss the impression that this photograph gives. Firstly, it's very noir, yes? Therefore, right off the bat, we can deduce that my great-uncle Richard was a badass. Awesome. Now that this is established let's probe deeper. The picture was taken at a slight angle which convincingly gives him a dominating presence. Look at the confidence in which he holds the rifle, body rigid and ready to take action - This man is callous, seasoned and knows no fear. Look at the size of his hands. He's not afraid to get them dirty. In fact, that's how he prefers it. Look at the stern look in his face. He's alert, focused and ready to grease some commie scum. I feel safe knowing great-uncle Richard is keeping watch. He means business.

This man is my blood. He stands tall - and armed - among the other heavy hitters in my family line. My family tree can destroy your family tree.

1 comment:

  1. ah, but you've also left out that he's incredibly tall and malnurished looking. a swift wind and he'd be on the ground. i'm pretty sure my big-boned swedish ancestors would beat the daylights out of great-uncle dick. just saying...

    ReplyDelete