Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not just a figure of speech

This blog's URL of "Threeyearstoolate" is actually quite literal. These past couple of months has revealed my ignorance to what the internet is capable of and what people are doing with it; rather, HAVE BEEN doing with it. I know that people have been blogging and whatnot, but never really entertained the idea of starting my own - Mainly because I thought blogs are incredibly vain and presumptuous. I still think they are and I suppose I have now joined the ranks of self-indulgent bloggers, only I am about three years too late doing so. Meh. Whatever. Some of your blogs are actually interesting and entertaining. Others, I read your chronicles of daily life, bellyaching and lame insights and can't help but think "who frikkin' asked?"

So, what else have my fellow audio cohorts introduced to me you may ask? First and foremost:


Holy crap, where have I been? Dude, you can create your own radio stations! These stations will make random song selections based on the musical attributes you find most favorable. Oh baby, I've got me a Trip Hop station, Grunge/Stoner/Doom station, 60's psychedelic/garage station, and a special station what was made for me by Dave entitled quote freaky electronic s*#t end quote. All of which have been fine-tuned to my liking. And when the mood calls for it I will click the Quick Mix option and Pandora will shuffle all my stations giving me a cacophony of good tunes. Because that's what I do: Listen to good music.

But suppose I have a specific song in my head. Do I wait for Pandora to hopefully get around to it? NAY! The other Dave told me about grooveshark.com.


Just the other day I had an itching for some Atomic Rooster. BAM! Grooveshark. Afterwards The monstrous riff of 666lb. Bongsession came to mind. BAM! GROOVESHARK! Hey, I haven't heard Mysitck Krewe of Clearlight in a while. BAM! Grooveshark! Then I tried to share a Pantera song with Chrismack... BAM. Grooveshark. And so on, and so forth. You don't have to sign up! Just point, click, search, ROCK.

So, this is why threeyearstoolate is a rather appropriate URL for this blog. That's why everything mentioned above is old news to you, right? I know, I know: Who frikkin asked?

- On other fronts -

I also work with a bunch of YouTube-aholics. I've been shown more youtube movies these past three weeks than I have ever seen. EVAR!!! Here's two of my recent favorites.




The following video is so low-brow, I love it. This type of video confirms my theory that we all have what I call the "Beavis & Butthead" nerve: No matter how refined you may think you are, no matter how classy, there will always be that moment when the ketchup bottle makes that wet farting sound and a chortle of amusement involuntarily comes blurting out your nose. Just you wait. Sit through the entire video - the good stuff happens during the second half:

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard ... I farted a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I feel a-l-o-t better. Oh, btw, pass the toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete